The action was thrilling and intense, with reports of temperatures on the pitch exceeding 110 degrees. Our reporters and team covered it from every angle from the field in Austin.
Reporting from Austin – our reporters on the ground
WILD Sequence: Security? Sadness? None of these answers!
Check out this WILD sequence featuring an overturned safety, brutalizing the setter and targeting all in one play between the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Texas Longhorns.
Quinn Ewers is helped in the locker room
Texas Longhorns QB Quinn Ewers awkwardly falls on his shoulder and is helped into the locker room against Alabama.
Jase McClellan breaks the 81-yard touchdown
Jase McClellan’s touchdown throw gave Alabama a 10-3 lead in the first quarter.
Reggie Bush: Texas! Texas! …Oklahoma???
Reggie Bush has fun with Texas Longhorns fans at the “Big Noon Kickoff”, mixing in an Oklahoma chant when they least expect it.
Vince Young talks Texas upset chances
Legendary Texas QB Vince Young joins “Big Noon Kickoff” to talk about the Texas Longhorns’ chances of upsetting the Alabama Crimson Tide, the development of Quinn Ewers and respect for Nick Saban,
Alabama driven by 2021 results
Alabama is more motivated than ever after missing out on a title in 2021. Nick Saban, Bryce Young and Will Anderson sat down with Tom Rinaldi to talk about shortcomings and the outlook for this season.
Ricky Williams joins “Big Noon Kickoff”
Texas great RIcky Williams joins “Big Noon Kickoff” to talk Bijan Robinson’s Heisman chances and more.
Roger Clemens joins “Big Noon Kickoff”
Former Texas Longhorn Roger Clemens joins “Big Noon Kickoff” to talk about the game and more.
– Bijan Robinson is a Heisman competitor and a big company. But he makes it a family affair. (Read more)
– What are the key storylines that RJ Young and Laken Litman are watching in Alabama-Texas? From Texas’ early pace to how it reacts to adversity, here’s what we find most fascinating. (Read more)
– This is only the 10th meeting ever between Texas and Alabama, but with so much shared history, it feels more like a family affair. Here are some of the most intriguing stories ahead of Saturday’s game between two teams with a complicated history. (Read more)
– The biggest question around the game is quite simple: can unranked Texas upset No. 1 Alabama? RJ Young and Geoff Schwartz broke down the key points. (Read more)
“And if Texas pulls off the surprise?” Joel Klatt looked at the craziest results possible for Week 2 of college football. (Read more)
– At Tuscaloosa, Steve Sarkisian turned Jalen Hurts, Tua Tagovailoa and Mac Jones into championship quarterbacks, then laid the groundwork for defending Heisman winner Bryce Young to potentially do the same. Now he’s trying to do the same with Quinn Ewers. (Read more)
— Should covering a 20-point gap be considered a win for Longhorn fans? Joel Klatt breaks down what Texas fans can consider a success. (Read more)
— More than 100,000 fans are expected to attend Saturday’s showdown. Many of them already know these big names. Here’s a more detailed breakdown of the five key matchups pro scouts will be watching. (Read more)
– Alabama coach Nick Saban has lost only twice to former assistants. Both came last season (Jimbo Fisher and Kirby Smart). Will Saturday be #3? Here are some other numbers to know. (Read more)
–It’s a very serious week in Austin, but that doesn’t mean the Longhorns can’t have some fun at the expense of starting quarterback Quinn Ewers, whose car was towed in the Week 1 game. (Read more)
Get more from college football Follow your favorites for game insights, news and more.